Horseshoe Bend Estate
Unique private Wanaka estate
This property has sold
598 Lake Hawea-Albert Town Road
- Land size: 6.5573 ha (more or less)
- Two luxury villas + Managers cottage
- Architecturally designed pool cabana
Luxury lifestyle property
As the security gates swing open, prepare to be amazed by the expansive manicured lawns and grounds that surround the two luxury villas ensconced in the unique bubble that is Horseshoe Bend Estate. This beautiful 6.55ha (approx) luxury lifestyle property, situated close to the Hawea river, provides acres of space and the ultimate setting to entertain yourself and your family & friends for days on end without having to leave the grounds. And when you do need to head out to stock up on supplies, Wanaka is an easy 10 minute drive away.
The two main villas and the architecturally designed pool cabana are immaculate and finished to an extremely high standard. The interiors are spacious and furnished with elegance in a modern style. Both the main villa and the tennis pavilion each boast fully equipped kitchens and living areas, giving plenty of space for groups to spread out and enjoy the facilities on offer.
Features include the vast beautifully landscaped gardens & grounds, tennis court, heated swimming pool, steam room, hot tub, petanque court and a huge outdoor entertaining area. This space is perfect for entertaining, offering plenty of comfortable seating, heaters if there is a chill in the air, plus an outdoor fire, BBQ and pizza oven. There are also fridges to keep your food & beverages cool, as well as dishwashers and plenty of storage.
The main villa has three bedrooms and two bathrooms, with the master bedroom situated upstairs enjoying stunning elevated views of the gardens and pool area. The master ensuite bathroom has a stand-alone bathtub to soak away the stresses of the day. There is also a full kitchen, walk in pantry and large open plan living area.
The second villa – the tennis pavilion – has a master bedroom with connecting twin room and another great-sized bedroom, all sharing a large tiled bathroom with shower. The living area – a lovely bright space with white shiplap vaulted ceilings – interconnects with an enclosed BBQ area. This has sliding doors opening up completely to the gardens, making for some great indoor-outdoor flow. This area houses an open log fire, a full kitchen, BBQ and laundry facilities. There is also a subterranean wine cellar to store your favourite vintages.
The pool cabana has a bathroom with a shower, as well as a steam room and kitchenette, to allow for easy pool-side entertaining. There is also an outdoor shower to rinse off before taking a dip in the pool.
Adjacent to the main area is another dwelling – the manager’s cottage – which has a further two bedrooms and tiled bathroom with a shower. There is a log burner in the open plan living/kitchen area, which opens out onto a plentiful veggie garden. This beautiful property is currently promoted as a successful luxury holiday home and venue managed by Release Wanaka.
Property features in detail
- Main house – three bedroom, two bathroom and a study
- Tennis court pavilion – three bedroom, one bathroom, wine cellar
- Managers cottage – two bedroom, one bathroom
- Swimming pool cabana – one bathroom, steam room, plant room
- Mason and Wales Architects
- Three bay garage plus office
- Outdoor entertaining zone
- Heated swimming pool
- Hot tub
- Tennis court (artificial grass)
- Boat/implement shed
- Concrete-encased underground storage
- Large established gardens and edible fruit forest
- Multiple vegetable gardens
- Outdoor fireplaces
- Private and secluded
- Fully fenced
- Petanque court
- Fire pit
- Sonos sound system
- Fully fenced pond with water fountain and viewing jetty
- Automated irrigation system
- Heat system
- Alarm/video security system
- Only 10 minutes drive (approx) from Wanaka
- Bore – 150,000 litres per day
- River pump – 100,000 litres per day
- Two irrigation pumps (inner/outer loops)
- One domestic pump
- Gas bottle station – 6/45kg bottles
- Six irrigation water tanks
- Four domestic water tanks
- Solar system
- Automated outdoor lighting system
- Two septic systems
- Three security gates
- Dog run
- Resource consent for visitor accommodation
- Approved plans for substantial main dwelling
- Successful luxury holiday rental and wedding venue
Please get in touch for any further information on Horseshoe Bend Estate.